Old 14-01-2008, 05:46 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Omelet[_4_] Omelet[_4_] is offline

Default Quiet or is it my ISP?

In article ,
Garrapata wrote:

On Wed, 9 Jan 2008 18:13:05 -0000, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

A grandson recovered most data but not e-mails or e-addresses or my
Favourites :-(

The old disk is now at the suppliers and they're doing a forensic recovery
which might regain the essential stuff.

How much is this going to cost? I have 3 old hard drives with some
stuff I would like to see again(some art work I did in another
incarnation) but the last time I checked it was too expensive

I've backed up some things on CDs but don't know how to back up e-mails -
and since most of my mailing isn't social or ngs it's important.

I use a gmail account to back up some of my favorites and .ini files and
some other stuff that is hard to re-create, just email to myself and
archive it.

The group will get busier as we approach northern hemisphere spring

I back up everything on a fairly regular basis now on a desktop HD.
It's capacity is larger than my system HD and they are getting really
cheap now. About 2 years ago, I paid $100.00 for an 80 gig external
drive. My system HD is only 60 gigs.

Yes, it's an antique. g
--
Peace, Om

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."
-- Thomas Jefferson