Old 14-01-2008, 10:50 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Eddy Eddy is offline

Default OT Remembrance Monday Bank Holiday petition

Martin wrote:

The point is

a) Don't snip context

One of your examples sufficed in reply. Out of courtesy to other
readers one should not automatically allow the whole of the message to
which one is replying to be reproduced, unless the whole is relevant,
don't you think?

b) Other countries have a public holidays to commemorate the end of WW1 and WW2.

And to repeat my point: because they do it, we SHOULD do it too? They
are our models? No further questions asked? No! "Keeping up with
other nations" is a large part of the reason why we have started upon
the approachto global catastrophe.

c) Do try to keep up at the back and stop asking daft questions

Yes, sir! Sorry, sir! Will not ask questions, sir! Questions not
permitted. Must always agree. Very sorry.

Eddy.