Old 14-01-2008, 12:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
shazzbat shazzbat is offline

Default allotments

"PK" wrote in message
news
wrote in message
On 14 Jan, 09:14, "Amethyst Deceiver"
wrote:

These days, more people are growing organically, but that's
a trend, not a tradition.

I really can't let you say this Linz. For thousands of years we have
eaten our food grown entirely organically. Chemicals were introduced
in the 50s. Please, think about what you are saying.

not true, you are parroting a canard oft used by the organic lobby

As I understand it, the "dig for victory" booklet during the war recommended
loads of chemicals.

I'm not taking sides here. I don't use chemicals, it's because I'm too cheap
:-)

Steve