Old 14-01-2008, 04:14 PM posted to rec.gardens
beecrofter[_2_] beecrofter[_2_] is offline

Default Killing off Wild Garlic

On Jan 14, 1:04*am, TiredGardener wrote:
I have wild garlic all over my yard. *In the grass, tangled in with my
tulips and daffs, around the roses, in the side walk. *Literally
everywhere it can grow. *Pulling it up is not working, and from what
I'm reading, it usually doesn't. *Roundup is supposed to work, but I
prefer a more environmentally friendly option.

Around the roses I put down a weed barrier and some mulch over that.
It went through the water holes in the barrier and is just as strong.
At least the other weeds are gone. *I can't do that in the yard, even
if it worked for the roses.

As for eating it, I prefer to eat the ones that I grow just for that
purpose, I want to have a pretty yard as well.

Anyone have any good ideas?

Thanks,

Jason

--
Start living a sustainable life. Start making a difference now!http://TiredGarden.Info

Roundup is probably the most friendly choice you have, a method of
spot application that works is a rubber glove covered with a cheap
cotton glove dipped in the solution, pull your roundup coated glove
over the weeds to coat them.