Old 14-01-2008, 05:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
judith.lea judith.lea is offline

Default Carrotte Rouge

On Jan 14, 4:55*pm, Valerie wrote:
On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 08:40:42 -0800 (PST), judith.lea wrote:
I've just had coffee with my farmer neighbour and she tells me she is
growing red carrotts this year, what on earth are red carrotts? *I get
the idea they are globe shaped but that's about all.

I've bought dark red carrots from Sainsburys in the past.

Thanks Valerie, I used to shop at Sainsbury's at Norwich but I haven't
seen any red ones or if I did, I didn't know what they were. In
France the nearest Sainsbury is in Calais - around 8-9 hours drive
away.