Old 14-01-2008, 07:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] helene@urbed.coop is offline

Default allotments

On Jan 14, 6:01*pm, K wrote:

Chemical fertilisers were introduced before the 50s.

Hi Kay. Yes, the triple superphosphate was relaunched after the war,
hence why we think it's when it all started when it fact they had
started experimenting with the acid rocks in the early 1900s. But
beside from blood, bones, fish fertilisers, there weren't any
chemicals before 1889 when ICI started grinding the condiments to make
these chemicals. So yes, I might be wrong - but in all respect there
was no use of chemicals before this. And truthfully I don't care. What
I care now is that we stop using them which we will eventually no
doubt and I will do anything I can to tell people that they don't need
them. I am in a lot of position to do just that and that is what I
do )