Old 15-01-2008, 12:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
judith.lea judith.lea is offline

Default Carrotte Rouge

On Jan 14, 11:25*pm, Martin wrote:
On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 14:20:02 -0800 (PST), "judith.lea"

wrote:
On Jan 14, 6:41*pm, Martin wrote:
On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 09:02:05 -0800 (PST), "judith.lea"

wrote:
On Jan 14, 4:55*pm, Valerie wrote:
On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 08:40:42 -0800 (PST), judith.lea wrote:
I've just had coffee with my farmer neighbour and she tells me she is
growing red carrotts this year, what on earth are red carrotts? *I get
the idea they are globe shaped but that's about all.

I've bought dark red carrots from Sainsburys in the past.

Thanks Valerie, I used to shop at Sainsbury's at Norwich but I haven't
seen any red ones or if I did, I didn't know what they were. *In
France the nearest Sainsbury is in Calais - around 8-9 hours drive
away.

Only 5 hours away from us.
--

Martin

Wot Martin, you are only 5 hours from me? *Come to lunch Sunday G

from Calais. You are so far away you must be in imminent danger of falling off
the edge of the earth. (What's on the menu next Sunday?)

Today we found that the local Lidl stocked real German Bratwurst. The great
famine is coming to an end. The local Lidl also stocked parsnips when we had an
abundance of home grown ones and none now that the home grown ones are all
finished.
--

Martin- Hide quoted text -

I am going to take a look at Lidl at Issoire as I cannot get parsnips
for love or money here. What's for lunch Sunday? How about Escargot,
followed by Calves liver cut into ribbons, sauteed in butter and
thrown on top of a green salad with hot croutons and lardons? St.
Nectaire for cheese and then fresh fruit? What time will you be here
and how many are coming as I may have to kill the fatted calf G

Judith