Old 15-01-2008, 12:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
judith.lea judith.lea is offline

Default Carrotte Rouge

On Jan 15, 10:58*am, "Pat Gardiner"
wrote:
"judith.lea" wrote in message

I've just had coffee with my farmer neighbour and she tells me she is
growing red carrotts this year, what on earth are red carrotts? *I get
the idea they are globe shaped but that's about all.

Your posting caused an interesting exchange in our household.

"Hey Trish, there is some crazy woman here that has never seen a red
carrott!"

"What is strange about that?"

"Well, most carrots are red. Most of the ones I grow are."

"No they are not. They are orange."

"Are you telling me that normal carrots are all orange?"

"Yes"

"Well, I'll be damned, I always thought they were red."

You can see why I steer clear from flowers. My father was much much worse.

--
Regards
Pat Gardinerwww.go-self-sufficient.com

LOL That gave me a good laugh Pat :-)