Old 15-01-2008, 01:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default a very pleasant morning

On 15 Jan, 13:14, "Kate Morgan" wrote:
In spite of the dire weather forecast I have just spent 3 hours working in
the garden. It is not raining and is very mild with a teeny bit of sunshine.
Now I am inside eating my lunch *- *banana sandwiches *- *and feeling rather
pleased that I have managed to get so much done. I know that there is still
a great deal of flooding in the county and I should not be too smug.

kate
Gloucestershire

I quite agree, a lovely late morning here in South Wales, the sun was
out for an hour or so, but it did nothint to dry the ground after the
torential rain we had almost all night, over 2 inches of rain, making
2.95 inches in the last 48 hours, the drains can't cope, The water is
running in from the fields above us, and there is a lot more forcast
for us all the way to the weekend.
It will be nice to get away to Egypt and Jordan just to get away from
the rain, but watch out for the headlines "Pyramids closed due to
first ever flooding"
The weather out there will be colder at night than we are having, but
it should be fry and MUD FREE, 2 weeks without my wellies, that will
feel strange.
Even as I write this there are spots of rain on the window,

David Hill
Abacus Nurseries
2008 dahlia catalogue now out.