Old 15-01-2008, 03:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] helene@urbed.coop is offline

Default OT Remembrance Monday Bank Holiday petition

On 15 Jan, 10:08, " cupra" wrote:
My eyes were opened by reading this book:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Soldier-Neil.../dp/038560453X
The section on national grief and rememberance in the 20's/30's humbled me.

Strangely the Guardian week end gave a couple of articles on this
topic, the first which moved me so much I circulated it in my
household and the second, The hardest night of their life, the last
mission of a troup of soldiers in Afganistan last year.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/weekend/st...238507,00.html
http://www.guardian.co.uk/weekend/st...238511,00.html