Old 15-01-2008, 04:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
judith.lea judith.lea is offline

Default a very pleasant morning

On Jan 15, 1:57*pm, David in Normandy wrote:
judith.lea says...

On Jan 15, 1:14*pm, "Kate Morgan" wrote:
In spite of the dire weather forecast I have just spent 3 hours working in
the garden. It is not raining and is very mild with a teeny bit of sunshine.
Now I am inside eating my lunch *- *banana sandwiches *- *and feeling rather
pleased that I have managed to get so much done. I know that there is still
a great deal of flooding in the county and I should not be too smug.

kate
Gloucestershire

Here, in France, there is a gale blowing, I mean a real gale, I don't
mind being in the garden even when it's raining but it is dangerous
with tiles coming off roofs.

Judith

Terrible here in Normandy. It just isn't safe to be outside
- everything is blowing past the window - plastic plant
pots, garden chairs, trees, sheep, cows, tractors :-)
I fear for our roof in this weather. At least we should be
too hight up to be flooded, though the road below could
become unpassable.
--
David in Normandy- Hide quoted text -

I've just come back from a friend's and I was dodging fallen branches,
it seems even though you and I are in different parts of France, our
weather is the same.

Judith