Old 15-01-2008, 08:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Carol Hague Carol Hague is offline

Default a very pleasant morning

Kate Morgan wrote:

In spite of the dire weather forecast I have just spent 3 hours working in
the garden. It is not raining and is very mild with a teeny bit of sunshine.
Now I am inside eating my lunch - banana sandwiches - and feeling rather
pleased that I have managed to get so much done. I know that there is still
a great deal of flooding in the county and I should not be too smug.

It piddled down all day here in Derbyshire - I was hoping to do some
digging on the allotment, but it would have been more a case of stirring
:-)

The fields down by Swarkestone Causeway are flooded again already and
it'll be another couple of days before today's rainfall filters down
from the hills. Metcheck says there's plenty more on the way too.

--
Carol (near Derby)
"If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put