Old 16-01-2008, 12:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
judith.lea judith.lea is offline

Default a very pleasant morning

On Jan 16, 11:59*am, Emery Davis wrote:
On Wed, 16 Jan 2008 03:15:56 -0800 (PST)

"judith.lea" wrote:
On Jan 16, 12:05*am, Emery Davis wrote:
On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 08:07:13 -0800 (PST)

"judith.lea" wrote:
On Jan 15, 1:57*pm, David in Normandy wrote:
judith.lea says...

On Jan 15, 1:14*pm, "Kate Morgan" wrote:
In spite of the dire weather forecast I have just spent 3 hours working in
the garden. It is not raining and is very mild with a teeny bit of sunshine.
Now I am inside eating my lunch *- *banana sandwiches *- *and feeling rather
pleased that I have managed to get so much done. I know that there is still
a great deal of flooding in the county and I should not be too smug.

kate
Gloucestershire

Here, in France, there is a gale blowing, I mean a real gale, I don't
mind being in the garden even when it's raining but it is dangerous
with tiles coming off roofs.

Judith

Terrible here in Normandy. It just isn't safe to be outside
- everything is blowing past the window - plastic plant
pots, garden chairs, trees, sheep, cows, tractors :-)
I fear for our roof in this weather. At least we should be
too hight up to be flooded, though the road below could
become unpassable.
--
David in Normandy- Hide quoted text -

I've just come back from a friend's and I was dodging fallen branches,
it seems even though you and I are in different parts of France, our
weather is the same.

We've got a 9 month old puppy to exercise, had him on a shortish walk
through the woods today, a large oak had come down across the path,
was held up by trees on the other side. *We ran underneath, things were
really swinging around. *Then found out later a lorry driver was killed quite
near here as an oak came down on his cab.

A hard day on the ridge in Normandy. *I'm glad I got the shutters closed last
night.

[]
Hi Emery, long time no hear! *Two people were killed near our home
yesterday whilst out hunting, trees came down on them. *It's still
blowing but it has lessened.

Hi Judith,

Hope you are both staying warm in the hills! *

You'd have to be crazy to hunt in a storm like we had yesterday. *But
I guess they paid the price... *

Wind is finished (relatively speaking) here for now, nothing more forecast
until tomorrow afternoon. * Well, except rain of course! *Tis the season,
and getting rather bored with it.

cheers,

-E

--
Emery Davis
You can reply to

It is lovely and warm in the sitting room the log burner is on 24
hours a day. When we went to get some shopping, we saw that there
were many hunts going on in the forests here, despite the weather, the
hunters still go out. I must watch the news tonight to see if there
are any pics showing my little village when they report on the deaths.

Judith