Old 17-01-2008, 02:31 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Manelli Family[_3_] Manelli Family[_3_] is offline

Default Disease Spread (was changing potting medium)

"K Barrett" wrote in message
. ..
"Manelli Family" wrote in message

[snip]
To prevent contamination we would need to wear latex gloves and
sterilize them between plants.

You *don't*? I do. Or I wash and bleach my hands between plants, being
sure to get under the nails.

No I don't and I never did. You also have to sterilize the pan between each
plant. You must have a lot of free time. How many plants do you have?

[snip]
Cross contamination is very difficult to prevent.

Which doesn't mean you don't do your darndest try to prevent it.

This is true, but I don't have the time to sterilize the soaking pan and my
hands after each and every plant.

K Barrett