Old 17-01-2008, 09:55 AM posted to aus.gardens
Jonno[_6_] Jonno[_6_] is offline

Default water usage bill

John Savage wrote:
"jones" writes:
the account is higher each time I get it. Actually I don't get it. Then I
think, why do I bother wrecking my back even further!

Get a lock fitted to your outdoor taps ASAP. I think your neighbours
might be topping up their swimming pool from your garden tap!

Yep that could be happening. You know their neigbours do ya John?
The fact is now the water supply companies are fitting the bills with a
"supply " charge, much the same as Telstra do when phone calls go down
due to people using their computers for phone calls using VOIP.
The less you use the more they charge. I once had a H.E.C. electrical
(EX Tasmanian) inspector come through my house to see why we weren't
using as much hot water electricity, (dual meters there ). I had
enclosed the Hot water service and we now weren't loosing as much heat,
so it was using less power. They get very paranoid when we use less than
expected...