Old 18-01-2008, 12:25 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default How do I get my wisteria to flower?

On 17/1/08 23:49, in article , "The
Old OakTree" wrote:

It's been growing on the wall of my garage (south-facing) for
about 10-12 years, and has never flowered, though it produces
plenty of leaves.

Any suggestions?

If grown from seed they can take many years to flower - most grown
commercially are grafted. The graft should be visible about 12" above
ground level. If yours isn't getting enough moisture because it's in the
rain shadow of the roof of the garage it might have a problem or could the
roof itself be shading it? That said, some are just poor 'doers' and are
best dispensed with. We had an old one on the front of this house which
flowered but in a very half-hearted way and usually once the leaves were out
or coming out, so the flowers were barely seen. We chucked it out last
year.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk