Old 18-01-2008, 07:10 AM
redg redg is offline
Registered User

[My advice: get in touch with your local council, get through to the
"Head Ranger" or similar, the person in charge of maintaining the
council's trees. He'll know what he's talking about. And he'll no
doubt be able to put you in touch with a reliable private tree surgeon.
Very often councils use these tree surgeons themselves.]

Eddy.[/quote]

Thanks Eddy for good advice. I contacted the local tree officer , who explained that the roots only cause the problems if the trees pre date the property. Also recommended some tree surgeons.