Old 18-01-2008, 04:47 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
G Pearce G Pearce is offline

Default "planting" duckweed

I would like to know for those that put it in your pond.....doesn't it
clog or cause havoc with your pumps and filters ???

It floats on the surface and has no length to it's roots (maybe 1/4") - in
my case it doesn't last for more than a couple of days and rarely bother
with it anymore because of that. I used to put some in my Lotus pots to let
it multiply before throwing it in the pond by the handfull - that was the
only way I could keep it around - maybe it doesn't grow or multiply as fast
in our northern climate as compared to the southern US
Gale :~)