Old 19-01-2008, 12:13 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
SuE SuE is offline

Default Disease Spread (was changing potting medium)

On 17 Jan 2008 19:12:43 GMT, wrote:

And that leads me to a marketing thought for those of you that sell humidity
trays with drains.
Bundle them with a bucket a "biohazard: plant pathogens" label and
a bottle of physan 20, and sell them as "phytosanitary aid kits"
at thrice the price :-).

That is what empty cat litter buckets are for.

You have a ready supply and need to find a recycle use:
1. mix storage (each type in its own bucket and one of each
combination you regularly use and pieces of bark or mounts.

2. over flow catch basin for humidity tray drainage,

3. haul for the clean up - weed ferns, and leaves found on the
bench.
4. Chemicals you want double packaged or the bottle contained.

I think that covers 2 months of buckets grin Maybe it took us
longer to work up the supply. Oh yes. One with a small garden tray
is the table next to the light stand so the sprayer is always handy
and at the right height so I don't have to hold the tank up to spray.

Once in a while we use an inverted one as a stool.
SuE