Old 19-01-2008, 07:33 AM posted to aus.gardens
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default The Romans Tried Aquaducts

"0tterbot" wrote in message
"0tterbot" wrote in message

i'm not quite sure what a jackass is anyway. being an australian lover
of cricket, i have to wonder if it's related to a monkey or a *******.
g!

Jack = male, ass = donkey as opposed to a female donkey which is a Jenny,
but I don't think that there is such as thing as a Jennyass.

oh! i thought it must have been some sort of cross (like a mule or
something!)

don't we just say "jack" for a male donkey?

Dunno. I've only ever known one donkey on close terms and that wasn't one
of the words used for it. None of the words used is repeatable in polite
company.