Old 05-04-2003, 06:36 AM
John Savage

Default Attracting Butterflies

"Bushy" writes:
Oleanders have a butterfly that only breeds on them. Although they are
poison to eat the shrub, as a child growing up I was fascinated with the
butterflies and watching their life cycle.

There are oleanders in the yard here, but I've never noticed any
butterflies on them. We have red, pink, and white flowered oleanders,
but no sign of a butterfly. Perhaps Sydney is too far south for those
particular butterflies? Or perhaps there is something better nearby?
--
John Savage (for email, replace "ks" with "k" and delete "n")