Old 19-01-2008, 12:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default Fat down the drains

writes
On Dec 14 2007, 1:190 wrote:
In article
,
Dave Hill writes

Blackbirds and thrushes are groundfeedingbirds, and not happy on a
bird table, especially if it swings.

Well in our garden they seem to be happy! Though the thrushes do tend to
hop round the garden more. I was just wary of encouraging rats

Should we feed birds all year round? We always put food out no matter
what the season, but are we doing more harm than good?

Feed all year round. If they don't need it, they won't use it as fast.
Feed in winter for obvious reasons, in spring and summer because they're
bringing up young and need all the help they can get. Autumn is probably
the least critical.
--
Kay