Old 20-01-2008, 02:39 AM posted to rec.gardens
symplastless symplastless is offline

Default Care tips for your orchid

"someone" wrote in message

On 18-Jan-2008, "symplastless" wrote:

There are at least a hundred more.

please list them all for us but this time, for clarity, don't use any
spaces
or punctuation.

thank you.

Here is my first 21. I am working on it. Please have a little patience.
Myths and half truths

Meristematic points are dormant buds
Trees heal wounds
Trees have root flares at the base of the trunk
Trees are a natural renewable resource, keep cutting them and they will come
back the way they were
Peach trees respond like apple trees internally when pruned.
Soil is dirt.
All tree species have heartwood.
The cambial zone is a single layer of cells.
Wood, cellulose mostly, is harmful if left in a once fertile forest.
Wood is dead, wood is dead, wood is dead!
Thinning out, removing the inner crowns of a tree, makes a tree more wind
resistant.
Fertilizer is food.
Elements are nutrients.
Trees absorb nutrients
All fungi is bad.
Salvaging wood, cellulose mostly, is restoration.
Nature just does not cooperate with the best of management efforts. At that
time you may have to salvage whats left
In forestry, "Usually the sales material is damaged dead, or dying." So
logging is required.
Wood in a forest - "best to move the material, get it out of the way for
future work."
Restoration in a forest, can mean a lot of work, depending on what caused
the initial damage. How about logging injury?
A chain saw is not a scientific tool.

--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.