Old 20-01-2008, 06:49 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
skinty skinty is offline

Default How do I get my wisteria to flower?

Smoke it

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message

In article ,
Charlie Pridham writes:

| Perhaps while we are all talking about them its worth pointing out
there
| are several species and hybrids, the one based on W. sinensis are huge
| and unfortunately contain a lot of the named ones, while those based on
| W. floribunda are more modest in size, but the named ones are often
more
| difficult to get hold of. There was a good artical in the garden a year
| or two back which highlighted some of the lesser known species and
| hybrids worth check your wish list against the plant finder to find out
| which parent predominates before buying (few of us have space for more
| than one!)

It's worth noting that, unlike some very vigorous climbers, they can
be kept within a modest space (say 2x2 metres) by appropriate pruning.
I have heard that even smaller sizes are possible.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.