Old 20-01-2008, 03:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jeff Taylor Jeff Taylor is offline

Default Chllie Pepper Recommendation

Nick Maclaren wrote:
In article ,
Jeff Taylor writes:

| A couple of varieties that I saw advertised were described as 'heavy
| croppers as opposed to the 6 - 10 fruit that you get from some varieties'
| I assumed from that that there were heavy and light croppers.

There probably are. But I have had anywhere from 2 to 30 fruit on a
plant, for the same variety. And that is unlikely to be just random
variation as all plants in the same year behave the same.

Interesting thanks.
It's observations like this that you don't see in catalogues.
Oh well, lets just hope for a hot summer!

Cheers,

Jeff
NE England