Old 20-01-2008, 05:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
judith.lea judith.lea is offline

Default Opinion please

On Jan 20, 3:10*pm, Aries wrote:
On Sun, 20 Jan 2008 12:29:01 -0000, Wally wrote:
Woolworth are selling "Growmore multi purpose plant food"
3kg box is £1.27.
Has anyone any experience of this product? is it worth buying?

Wally

My father used to swear by it - used it on both his allotments and
always had good crops. Mind you that was years and years ago during and
after the war when folk were encouraged to dig for victory. *I'm
guessing tho that the product is much the same now as it was then.
--
You can't hide your true colours
as you approach the autumn of your life.

Hi Val, welcome to urg, it's a good place to be. Pete also posts here
although I got it wrong about how many years he was posting here. He
used to post as BoyPete and then PeteC and I thought the original Pete
of 15 years ago was him, but I now find it isn't, it's another Pete
entirely so I haven't known PeteC or BoyPete as I said for 15 years, I
was crediting him with the other Pete's posts!

Back to topic, Edward uses Growmore and swears by it for his veggies
and I throw it on the flower beds before growth in Spring.

Judith