Old 05-04-2003, 06:36 AM
Jane VR

Default Tomato Pruning

Farea Saref wrote:

My Tomatoes trees develop a huge branches with minimal
flowers, and I want to make pruning, but I am not experienced about this
act, because I may cut branches that may develop fruites later.
Please one tell me how can I do this?!!.
May I find your HELP??
Thanks.
Saref

Do you have tomatoes or tree tomatoes (tamarillos)?

Prune tamarillos in spring, as they flower and fruit on new growth.

You don't have to prune tomatoes (I don't, cuz I'm lazy). You get more,
but smaller, fruit if you don't. If you want to, then pinch out the side
branches below the flower clusters. Here's a link about pruning tomatoes:
http://muextension.missouri.edu/xplo...ort/g06460.htm

HTH

Jane