Old 20-01-2008, 06:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
judith.lea judith.lea is offline

Default Opinion please

On Jan 20, 5:26*pm, Aries wrote:
On Sun, 20 Jan 2008 09:11:00 -0800 (PST), judith.lea wrote:
On Jan 20, 3:10*pm, Aries wrote:
[15 quoted lines suppressed]

Hi Val, welcome to urg, it's a good place to be. *Pete also posts here
although I got it wrong about how many years he was posting here. *He
used to post as BoyPete and then PeteC and I thought the original Pete
of 15 years ago was him, but I now find it isn't, it's another Pete
entirely so I haven't known PeteC or BoyPete as I said for 15 years, I
was crediting him with the other Pete's posts!

Back to topic, Edward uses Growmore and swears by it for his veggies
and I throw it on the flower beds before growth in Spring.

Judith

Thanks for the welcome Judith. *What veggies is Edward planning to grow
this year ?
--
Every path has a few *puddles.http://www.copelands.plus.com/val/

To everyone on urg, this is Val and no doubt you will hear more from
her. I've only known her since last year but I'm sure you will enjoy
her posts as much as I do.

Edward intends to grow Parsnips, carrotts, sprouts, sping cauliflower,
not autumn, onions and eschallotes, various potatoes, red carrots,
leeks, runner beans and french beans, pumpkin, courgettes, tomatoes
(big nones) ridge cucumber, rutabaga, autumn soup turnips, radish, and
all salad stuff, a melange of leaves, aubergine, peppers, spinach. He
also will plant soft fruit and I will be left with the flowers and
trees to sort out. I am also going to make a new herb bed outside the
kitchen door.

I grew most of my shrubs from cuttings usually with advice from this
group. They often have meets and everyone I have met has been
gracious and helpful. If you want any cuttings, there is one lady on
here, yohooo Janet Tweedy, who sent me huge parcels of lovely stuff.

Although I enjoy gardening, very much, I am, I would think, the least
experienced in the group, but all of the experts here make allowances
for me and as you will find, they really are a great lot. We have two
posters who live in France so even though it is urg, they are
welcoming to all. Stay around Val, you will like the people here, I
promise.

Judith