Old 21-01-2008, 02:22 AM posted to rec.gardens
symplastless symplastless is offline

Default Problems Starting Bonfire

"Hoorgi" wrote in message

I know it is not that environmentally friendly etc, but I am having real
problems starting a bonfire. Even with white spirit it did not work.
Has anyone any tips?

PS I do plant the bigger logs to create beetle habitats.

--
Hoorgi

I reallt adore you concern for the beetles. I have a passsion for the
American Pleasing Fungus Beetle. It is very connected with the fungus
Ganoderma tsugue. In fact I have only seen one not in old growth or
wilderness areas.

I use diesel fuel to start my bonfires. I often start the diesel with a
little medium octane gasoline. I stand far back and throw a match. VaVoom!

I love to burn things! I wait until its very wet. I do not like other
people, other than client, putting fuel on my fire. Had a bad experience
with that once. That's the day the cows were out on neighbors yard. Fire
swept through the woods. Fire department came to control. They were not
happy at all.

They kind of blamed me. Oh. well! Not as bad as the time when the US
Forest Service controlled burns went out of control.
--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.