Old 20-01-2008, 10:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] helene@urbed.coop is offline

Default Sowing broad beans

On 20 Jan, 21:33, (Peter Robinson) wrote:
We eat ours raw though - always. French bread, butter, salt, dunk the
bean in the salt and crunch )

Sounds good! *They're safe to eat raw then? *Good to know.

All veg are in fact better for you raw. I tell my kids that it puts
hair on one's chest. For boys that is ... Just peel the thin skin
around the bean - that's a bit bitter. When I volunteered last year in
an organic veg grower, it was murder to weed the broad beans beds. I
just couldn't help myself. I must have eaten hundreds a day.