Old 05-04-2003, 06:36 AM
ruth

Default Tomato Pruning

Farea Saref wrote:

My Tomatoes trees develop a huge branches with minimal
flowers, and I want to make pruning, but I am not experienced about this
act, because I may cut branches that may develop fruites later.
Please one tell me how can I do this?!!.
May I find your HELP??
Thanks.
Saref

my cherry sized ones have mostly gone especially where they bore fruit,
but i cut the dead stuff back today to the new growth near the stem but
don't expect more tomatoes now. i started to pinch out the new growth
between the stems this year; but neighbours further down the hill get a
longer crop season, must be something to do with the amount of sun.

--