Old 21-01-2008, 09:34 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.rec.birdwatching
'Mike' 'Mike' is offline

Default Birds

"Chris J Dixon" wrote in message
JennyC wrote:

I personally only feed in winter, but the RSPB says all year is OK :
http://www.rspb.org.uk/advice/helpin...whentofeed.asp

My Christmas present bird feeder has been deployed for nearly a
month, filled with a seed mix, but so far it doesn't seem to have
been visited. Perhaps my neighbours have already cornered the
market :-(

Chris

Leave it there, they will come, unless it is in a 'too busy' place such as
just outside a door which you are going in and out of all day. we have
feeders all over the place, one not six foot from our main Patio door and
the birds are quite happy to visit it. Should we go out, they fly off and
soon return.

Crossposted this to birdwatching as I have a puzzle.

We have a resident Bluetit which comes into the Tit box in the Veranda every
night. Just been visited by another one with a very long beak. I thought I
saw it yesterday and assumed it was 'ours' with something in its beak,
nesting material???? but on seeing it this morning it is very defiantly a
long beak. Twice as long and very narrow, slightly curving down

Any comments anyone?

Mike

Mike