Old 21-01-2008, 11:16 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Birds

On 21/1/08 09:14, in article ,
"Chris J Dixon" wrote:

JennyC wrote:

I personally only feed in winter, but the RSPB says all year is OK :
http://www.rspb.org.uk/advice/helpin...whentofeed.asp

My Christmas present bird feeder has been deployed for nearly a
month, filled with a seed mix, but so far it doesn't seem to have
been visited. Perhaps my neighbours have already cornered the
market :-(

Just leave it and they'll find it. Sometimes they take a while to become
accustomed to a new feeding station and are, perhaps, a bit nervous of it.
And they regulate their own diets, too, as far as I can see. For a week
they'll go mad over seeds and then it's peanuts and then it's on to the
balls of fat with seeds in it!

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk