Old 21-01-2008, 12:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Spring creeping in?

On 21/1/08 11:39, in article
, "Peter James"
wrote:

Sacha wrote:

About four days ago we were remarking that the snowdrops seem rather late
this year, apart from a sparse clump or two here and there. Now we see them
springing up on the lawn and in all sorts of other odd places, too. I've
even seen a primrose in flower but in the garden, not in the real 'wild'.
snipped

My wife and I saw wild primroses in bloom on the Camel Trail on
Christmas afternoon.

I know that's practically the tropics down there but isn't that rather
early?! We have two particular places where we always look out for them
because they seem always to be the first. One is at the foot of someone's
drive and the other is a bank beside the Dartbridge Inn just off the A38
turn off to Totnes and Dartington. We see great sheets of them there and
nearly always before we see any number anywhere else.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk