Old 05-04-2003, 06:36 AM
Pixo

Default drink bottle reservoirs

Hi,

With the current weather conditions (in Melb) I've started saving empty
softdrink bottles to make those reservoirs / waterers for the trees in my
yard as their leaves have started to curl in the heat.

As I understand it all I need to do it cut the bottom off and drill a couple
of holes in the lid, then bury it neck down. How far down do you need to
bury it? So far I've made two. The first I filled and it emptied in a few
hours and since I refilled it has gone down about a centimetre in the past
two days. Is this the rate water is meant to empty from it? Is it blocked?
Can it get blocked?

Pixo