Old 21-01-2008, 04:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default evergreen hedging suggestions please

On 21/1/08 16:22, in article ,
"Aries" wrote:

On Mon, 21 Jan 2008 16:04:29 +0100, David in Normandy wrote:

Aries says...
[39 quoted lines suppressed]

You beat me to it! I was going to suggest a clematis. With
something to cling on to such as a bit of trellis they can
make a lovely hedge and not too much maintenance. I've seen
some really nice ones with pink Montana, though it isn't
evergreen.

This is an evergreen variety I've grown - Clematis armandii
http://www.gardeningexpress.co.uk/Pr...roductID=12544

It's lovely but it's tender. I think Clematis might be a bit too sparse to
really cover something ugly which they want to block completely. Of
course, if they go with Camellias, they can grow later flowering Clematis
through them and get the bonus of more flowers, using the Camellias as a
climbing frame. ;-)
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk