Old 21-01-2008, 04:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] helene@urbed.coop is offline

Default Ideas please - north facing wall

On 21 Jan, 16:46, Sacha wrote:
On 21/1/08 16:11, in article
The Vranja Quince, (Cydonia oblonga as opposed to the pyrus cydonia)
is the most popular in the UK.

Cydonia oblonga is not Japanese quince which is what Pat is looking for.
That is Chaenomeles.

Oh, sorry - but why go for a chaenomeles when you want fruits, food
instead of flowers as Pat said!!? That's perhaps why I go confused.
And I beg to differ about the quince - I know many people growing
them. Maybe people today, commercially that is, don't want it or more
like they've never heard of it. Such an amazing food. If only I had
the room ...