Old 21-01-2008, 06:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default evergreen hedging suggestions please

On 21/1/08 16:51, in article ,
"Aries" wrote:

On Mon, 21 Jan 2008 16:38:32 +0000, Sacha wrote:

if they go with Camellias, they can grow later flowering Clematis
through them and get the bonus of more flowers, using the Camellias as a
climbing frame. ;-)

Ah, now there speaks the voice of an expert. Sounds good to me

I'm not an expert - I just married one. ;-) But in fact, I've seen this done
in more than one garden and if the right plants are chosen, it's
spectacular. I've seen Clematis Marie Boisselot growing through a Camellia
and done a major double take. Of course, if the OP decides to do that, he
will have to do a little research into which Clematis will take the hacking
back the Camellias will require if it's really that important to keep them
small. But Camellias do make a lovely hedge - he has to check it isn't lime
soil though.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk