Old 21-01-2008, 08:44 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default Lessons You've Learned as a Ponder

JB wrote:

I saw this subject in another discussion group I frequent. What did you do
that you won't do again?

If we moved and had to build another pond, I'd probably go formal, bottom
drain(s)/skimmer thru the liner. Have my lily pond & koi pond connected by
flow, but not where they'd mingled (though I'd probably have lilies in the
with the koi for interest). Since I'm dreaming.... big vortex filters. I
still probably have to have a small informal pond for goldfish.

Things I wish I hadn't done as a newbie, purchased koi too soon. Put feeder
goldfish in.... not known the need for water testing. Though I'm not sure
how well I would have listen if someone would have said to me, in reality
you're not keeping fish, you're keeping water chemistry. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us