Old 21-02-2003, 08:51 PM
Michael Persiano

Default [IBC] Kingsville Repotting

In a message dated 2/21/2003 3:01:32 PM Eastern Standard Time, writes:

When do you all think is the best time to repot
kingsville boxwood "mid march?". Mine has been
mulched all winter i am in zone 6 \it is protected
from wind. Daytime temp's are just starting to peak
into the high 40's to low 50's. Most night time temps
range from 15 degrees to about 40 degrees.

Ben:

Hold. I am not convinced that the "winter" is over. We are likely to experience lows in the teens again next week.

The Kingsville will not respond kindly to having its roots pruned and then exposed to below-freezing temperatures. When you are certain that the temperatures are going to remain in the upper 40s Fahrenheit or higher, it is safe to repot.

I would suggest waiting until you can count on 40s by night and 50s by day.

I have a new Kingsville project to begin this spring. Let's compare notes. );-)

Cordially,

Michael Persiano
members.aol.com/iasnob/index.html

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ: