Old 21-01-2008, 09:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Peter Robinson Peter Robinson is offline

Default Chllie Pepper Recommendation

Marco Schwarz wrote:

Peter Robinson wrote:

Why "in a northern direction" as a matter of interest?

Well it's our so called "magic plant hospital", means it seem to be able to
heal all kind off plant disease(s) and it's our favourite place for
overwintering coldwater aquaria.. :-)

Ah

This conservatory - it gets natural light from above and two vertical
sides..

So it's not so much north facing as north, east, west and up facing!
Sounds ideal.

Low temperatures - low needs relating to lighting - low-maintenance..

My chillies - stagnate in growth but stay green, they look well but don't
lose any leaves - and this is why I'm really content..! :-)

I don't really have anywhere cool, dry, light and safe from frost, so
I'm contenting myself with making sure my chilis are growing in a
sensible way rather than not growing much at all.

Incidentally, from the ones I didn't bother digging up I can attest to
the fact that they really aren't hardy even in these days of global
warming

Peter