Old 21-01-2008, 09:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Peter Robinson Peter Robinson is offline

Default Sowing broad beans

wrote:

On 20 Jan, 23:21, (Peter Robinson) wrote:
Oh - I was imagining you'd eat the whole thing - so do you mean you peel
off the green outer pod (i.e. just pod them) or peel off the white
jackets from individual beans? The latter sounds far too much like hard
work to me :-)

Nahnn... it's not hard work to enjoy preparing what you are going to
eat!

Well, yes that's true. And there's something very comfortable and
satisfying about that sort of time consuming sit-down vegetable prep.
Like shelling peas for instance.

I was a bit like that with nice little runner beans last year.

Peas is also very hard to avoid eating raw.

That reminds me I have another question about peas for another thread
when I get a minute...

I munch on raw celery,
spinash, sorrel, cauliflower, carrots, mushrooms (this one mixed with
sultanas and cucumber in mayo feint ... but yes, try not to eat raw
spuds (you'd have to be mad frankly ;o)

How about a nice crunchy stem of rhubarb?

Peter