Old 22-01-2008, 11:50 PM posted to rec.gardens
symplastless symplastless is offline

Default Care tips for your orchid

"Jangchub" wrote in message
On Mon, 21 Jan 2008 12:28:34 -0500, "symplastless"
wrote:

And do yourself and everyone else a favor; when directing people to
the scientific evidence, try to refrain from using your own website to
base your debate on. It's a bit nonsensicle.

Until you dig mycorrhizae you should really reframe from such claims.
Scientific research. get a shovel and go look!!!! They are there!!!!!

I will say it again. A tree root is NOT mycorrhizae. They are two
separate things, brought together via capillary water as a route and
in a symbiotic expedition perform a valuable function to any plant
which is susceptible to this formation. IT does not exist on it's
own.

As for digging; I don't know how old you are, but I've been digging
in the dirt since I have been a child. I worked as a grower
professionally for some years at both huge commercial, two million
sq/ft under glass, to as small as five thousand sq/ft under glass. I
think I have an understanding of this fungi, not a single fungus, as
you call it.

Great, please show me some of your pictures of mycorrhizae you have dug.
You sound confused? A fungus infects a non-woody root of a tree and a
mycorrhiza forms. This is an infection many trees rely on to bring in
phosphates. They are common in, on and near large woody material as it
decomposes. It is a organ which is a composite structure made up of both
root tissue and fungus tissue. You may be speaking of something else.
There are organs under water under ice in New Hampshire. They may be called
Oomycorrhizae. Is that what you mean? Do you have a web site with your
pictures?

--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.