Old 23-01-2008, 02:01 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Derek Broughton Derek Broughton is offline

Default Roark's Website

Reel McKoi wrote:

Maybe if we sat outside at night I'd feel differently. We don't though.
We're either on our PCs

That I understand...

or watching TV after dark

But not that :-)

We do all our porch
sitting in the afternoon when the cheapo lilies from Wally World are in
full bloom. :-))

This isn't only the bible belt, it's also the mosquito belt. :-(

We always found that the fish & dragonflies took care of any potential
mosquito problem from our pond in Ontario, and we were otherwise not near
enough water to have a problem. In Nova Scotia, the flies (more blacklfies
than mosquitoes) are awful nearby, but the onshore evening breeze seems to
keep them away from our property.
--
derek