Old 23-01-2008, 11:14 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] helene@urbed.coop is offline

Default Can you eat perpetual sweet peas?

On 23 Jan, 11:09, wrote:
On 22 Jan, 22:52, (Peter Robinson) wrote:

So my questions: can you eat perpetual sweet peas? *As mangetout, sugar
snaps or shelled peas? *Do I want to?

I have one cascading every year over the fence onto the street and as
much as I have thought and researched the edibility of all the 200
plus plants I grow, beleive me I have never thought of eating this
sweet pea! Somehow it has never crossed my mind and I wouldn't. The
peas are very small, the pods are hairy and instinctively it has never
appealed to me ;o)

Rectification ... the pods are not hairy, at least on my perpetual
sweet peas. I collect pods and I was thinking of the wisteria! But
still, don't eat them ;o)