Old 24-01-2008, 02:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Capsicum as skin treatment

On 24/1/08 14:06, in article , "shazzbat"
wrote:

wrote in message
On 24 Jan, 13:15, Sacha wrote:
I learned the other day from our local pharmacist that capsicum is one of
the ingredients in a cream used to alleviate the pain of shingles. Has
anyone tried this OR just rubbing a cut, raw capsicum onto their skin?!

You can't rub capsicum in a cut, it will burn! It is used to bring a
sensation of warmth to muscle pains and thus aleviate the pain. Most
of the rub on cream on the market have capsicum in them.

I got chilli in a cut a couple of years ago, it made me say ever such a
naughty word :-)

Steve

I don't know what this cream is, Steve except that it's on prescription.
It's for shingles (not mine!) that don't have a rash but even then, I think
it must be quite diluted by the other ingredients.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk