Old 24-01-2008, 09:19 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Stumpy Stumpy is offline

Default Aquarium chemistry

If I wanted to add 5ppm ammonia. How many mls, oz, or maybe drops would
I add of 10% ammonium hydroxide to a 5 gallon tank?

Hi Stumpy, if you aquarium is only 5 gallons it is much too small for a
goldfish. A small healthy well fed young goldfish will outgrow it in well
under a year. You would be much better off with a betta or a few small
tetras. Healthy GF can reach a foot in length.
--

Point taken, this is a fluid situation. Wife wanted a Jack Dempsey, I
insisted we start with a goldfish to condition the tank. She ended up

Maybe there is a dwarf goldfish?