Old 25-01-2008, 10:21 PM posted to rec.gardens
Zootal[_3_] Zootal[_3_] is offline

Default Germinating squash seed question

Someone recently asked a question about growing peppers (was it peppers?)
from seeds in a pepper fruit. So, my question is similar, but about squash.
I have a squash sitting on my desk that is unusual and strange looking. I
want to plant the seeds and see what grows from it. My question is - will
the seeds grow if I just take them out of the squash and stick them in the
ground when the weather warms up? Or do they need to be removed from the
squash and dry for a while? I know that latter method works, as I've done it
before. Can you plant seeds directly from squash into the garden?