Old 25-01-2008, 11:11 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Eggs Zachtly Eggs Zachtly is offline

Default Sporge attack

Art said:

Is it over? Is it safe to come out now?
I hate when that happens.
That was a rough one.

lol Art. Ya, it seems to have subsided. Actually, tho. That one was a bit
interesting. =)

While the client wasn't listed in the headers, I suspect it was
NewsMaestro, which seems to be the latest incarnation of Hipcrime. It's
been happening in seveal groups, although the last wave *all* orignated (in
several groups I subscribe) from the same IP addy (83.113.55.166) which was
most likely tunneled [1]. Most of the addy's were in the south.

[1] If it was tunneled through that addy, it's since been secured. If it's
actually the originating IP, there's no open ports there. Bummer.

--

Eggs

A computer scientist is someone who, when told to 'Go to Hell', sees the
'go to', rather than the destination, as harmful.