Old 26-01-2008, 02:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Flagstone cleaning

In article ,
says...

In article ,
"Barb" writes:
| Can anyone recommend something really good for cleaning flagstones?
|
| I've tried the garden-centre algae killers, vinegar, strong detergent, and I
| don't possess a power-washer and don't really want to buy one just for this.
|
| Is there anything strong and effective I can brush on and rinse off?

Sharp sand, a stiff broom and elbow grease. Seriously. They work.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

I use a stiff broom elbow grease and some washing soda in the water, just
applying the washing soda and rinsing will not remove the algae.
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk